Nikon D90 and iMovie compatiblity Solutions

Problems with Canvas, OpenGL, etc...

Nikon D90 and iMovie compatiblity Solutions

Postby 99sanni » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:28 am

"Every time I attempt to upload a video to the internet (vimeo, youtube etc.) it works perfectly fine but the quality of the video is much less then when I view it on the iMovie preview screen. I use my Nikon d90 camera and the iso is 320. When I export the videos i click publish to media browser in large. Am I missing something? I know theres an HD setting but I am always unable to click on it."
"I've been a Nikon girl since I got my first DSLR.I recently got my first Macbook and discovered that Nikon is not on the supported camera list.I was shocked! Is that true? or any other clever way to use my NikonD90 for iMovie?"
Encountered problems when importing Nikon D90 MOV clips in iMovie 08/09/'11 for further editing, if so, just follow this article to find the best solution here.
True video enthusiasts and advanced amateurs will find their inspirational match in the digital SLR camera Nikon D90. You will also find that exceptionally lifelike tone and detail are captured thanks to Full HD Recording, which is compressed with the H.264 codec QuickTime format. However, something turns to be frustrated, iMovie can’t ingest Nikon MOV files, due to the coder – decoder it adopts.
As mentioned above, the videos shot by Nikon D90 is compressed with H.264 codec in QuickTime format and put in MOV container. For viewing/editing the videos thus encoded, you need the same codec to decode it as was used to encode it. While, iMovie prefers the Apple InterMediate codec, the difference between the codecs causes the importing, actually the decoding problem. The best solution is to convert H.264 MOV to AIC .mov, then iMovie can easily decode your shootings from Nikon D90.
HD Converter for Mac is the best D90 MOV to iMovie Converting tool, which can help you convert the MOV video files from Nikon D90 to Apple ProRes 422(*MOV) or Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) (*MOV), and then, you can import the converted D90 video files to iMovie for editing. Additional, you can also edit Nikon D90/D7000/D4/D3S h.264 mov footages with iMovie.
How to Convert Nikon D90 MOV files for iMovie
Guide-Convert/Transfer Nikon D90/D7000 h.264 mov footages into iMovie for editing smoothly
Step 1. Free Download and run the Nikon MOV to iMovie Converter on your Mac and import D90/D7000 recordings to the program.
Step 2. Click format bar to choose the best output format, you are recommended to choose iMovie -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov).
Note:If you want to edit Nikon MOV clips in Final Cut Pro 6/7, FCP X, you just need to choose the "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format in the scond step; For Adobe Premiere Pro, choose Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as output; For Avid Media Composer, choose "Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNXHD (*.mov)".
Step 3. Click convert button to convert Nikon h.264 mov footages to AIC for iMovie under Mac OS X with this best Canon EOS Video Converter.
After conversion completes, you can easily import Nikon D90/D7000 h.264 mov files into iMovie for smoothly editing on Mac as you want.
And now your files will be converted into AIC files ready to be imported to iMovie. You're done.
99sanni
Developer
Developer

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Problems