MXF to Avid-Import MXF files to Avid natively editing
Convert Canon MXF to XDCAM codec MOV for Avid Media Composer natively editing
Tag: Canon MXF files to Avid natively,edit MXF files in Avid on Mac,natively editing Canon MXF files
Summary: This guide shows the best way to convert Canon MXF video to XDCAM codec MOV format for Avid natively editing.
"I have several hours of footage from Canon XF camcorders that record MXF video files. The files are 29,97fps. I would like to conform these to 25fps to edit in a 25fps project. (Avid), and I want to edit Canon MXF files natively in Avid on Mac, what video codec should I use? Can you recommend some software which can do MXF to Avid conversion natively?"
As I know, there are few software which can support both MXF files and Avid software, but you may try Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac, I have use this tools for several months, in order to rewrap Canon MXF files to Avid Media Composer on Mac, the best way is to change the video codec or format which perfectly supported by Avid software, so you need a Mac MXF converter which can convert Canon MXF files natively.
Pavtube Mac MXF converter can deal nearly all kinds of MXF videos, it can convert Canon MXF files natively for Avid Media Composer on Mac, that is to convert MXF video to XDCAM codec MOV format, and then you can edit Canon MXF files natively in Avid.
Just take a look at the brief guide below.
1. Download Pavtube Mac MXF to Avid converter, follow the prompts to install the program.
Tip: If you are Windows users, click MXF to Avid Converter allows You to Convert 1080p HD MXF for Avid Editing.
2. Run this program. Click "Add" to load Canon MXF video files or directly drag the files into file list.
3. Click "Format" bar to determine output format. For natively editing in Avid, you are recommended to choose Final Cut Pro -> XDCAM EX 1080P24 (*.mov), this format is best for Avid native editing.
4. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click "settings", adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
5. Click "Convert" to start convert Canon MXF video to XDCAM codec MOV format for Avid natively editing.
Tip 1. Pavtube Mac MXF to Avid converter can help you to convert Canon MXF video to Avid Media Composer natively for editing. There are more guides on Pavtube Canon column and MXF to Mac column, you can read them.
Tip 2. Good news! Pavtube Studio is offering 2012 Summer Lowest Promotion - 20% OFF Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter (Windows and Mac), which means you can save up to 20% on the excellent MTS video compressor and converter tool!