Movable image behind glSurfaceView

Problems with Canvas, OpenGL, etc...

Movable image behind glSurfaceView

Postby Quipeace » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Hello all,

My openGL launcher is coming along pretty well, trying to replicate a launcher in openGL is really a great way to learn! I'm done with the app drawer for now so it's time to move on. I'll have to figure out how to properly use databases before I can start working on the homescreens so I figured i'd start with wallpaper support first, which is where I got stuck again :/.

My "goal" is to have a simple static wallpaper behind the glSurfaceView. I first tried to load the whole wallpaper as a big texture on a huge square, but that resulted in a big white square without my wallpaper.
So my question is, what do you think would be an efficient way of displaying a static wallpaper/drawable?

Thank you very much :).

PS: are there any articles out there about the actual workings of a live wallpaper? I'm still a long way from supporting them, but I'd like to read a little about them.
Quipeace
Developer
Developer

Re: Movable image behind glSurfaceView

Postby tttcowan » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi,

you've still got to load one big texture I think. glDrawTexfOES is a command used for 2d bitmaps directly to a GLRenderer... But you need to make sure you crop the image before you render it... This is the way replicaisland draws it's gfx.
tttcowan
Developer
Developer

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Problems