Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - How to communicate with the activity from the renderer?

How to communicate with the activity from the renderer?

Problems with Canvas, OpenGL, etc...

How to communicate with the activity from the renderer?

Postby kenjinsakura » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:56 am

Hi. I need to alter some layout components based on whats happening in my renderer. However, the program keeps stopping whenever I try to alter stuff by calling a method in my activity from my renderer. So apparently, the renderer runs on a separate thread, so that might have something to do with that. But I can't figure out how to sync or otherwise fix this problem.

So how are you supposed to communicate with the activity anyway?
kenjinsakura
Freshman
Freshman

Re: How to communicate with the activity from the renderer?

Postby MichaelEGR » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Check out Activity.postOnUiThread(Runnable)

Also you can also get to the Android event queue via "new android.os.Handler().<various post methods>"
Founder & Principal Architect; EGR Software LLC
http://www.typhonrt.org
http://www.egrsoftware.com
MichaelEGR
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Re: How to communicate with the activity from the renderer?

Postby kenjinsakura » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:04 am

Thanks for that, it was actually Activity.runOnUiThread(Runnable) , but your post put me in the right direction. So I called that function from my GLSurfaceView and it worked.
kenjinsakura
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Problems