(Game) How to make a plant grow over time

Problems with Canvas, OpenGL, etc...

(Game) How to make a plant grow over time

Postby cadtech » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:30 pm

To all:

I am wanting to make a game on the android platform... I have an Idea for a game, but would like some help or some guidance or some code would actually be appreciated...

I want to make a game where you have a figure that can move about the map that when swinging a sword it kills/knocks down/die/fade or what have you to anything it hits, such as a tree or plant or bush...

What I am looking for is once the figure hits the object, it then will fade away but after a certain time, it will grow back the way it was... I would like to have it grow back in stages tho.. First is this possible? and second, can anyone give any help on this matter?

Thanks in advance,
cadtech
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: (Game) How to make a plant grow over time

Postby jonbonazza » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Have you ever programmed a game before? This is much more complicated than just "how to make a plant grow over time." Something like this can be accomplished using a Finite State Machine (FSM) and collision detection. When the player object is colliding with the plant object and the player swings his/her sword, the plant's state changes to a "die" state and the appropriate animation is played. once the death state's update function is finished, it automatically switches its state to a "grow" state and, over a fixed time intervals, slowly iterates through the different images. once it is fully grown, it would switch back to an "idle" state.
jonbonazza
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Problems