Import Sony NEX-5N AVCHD to Avid Media Composer (AMC 5.5/6)
Summary: Follow the guide to know the easiest way to Import Sony NEX-5N AVCHD to Avid Media Composer (AMC 5.5)
If you have used Sony cameras or camcorders, you may be familiar with AVCHD MTS/M2TS files, MTS files often used in high-end cameras and camcorders, like Sony NEX-5N. MTS format is good for record high-definition video footages, but, many editing software doesn’t support this format, for example, Avid Media Composer 5.5 doesn't support MTS files well because of the codec and frame rate.
Is there an easy way to edit Sony NEX-5N AVCHD in Avid Media Composer?
The best way is that you need to convert Sony NEX-5N AVCHD to Avid supported file format, Avid best supported video format is DNxHD codec MOV format, so it’s the first choice if you need to edit Sony NEX-5N AVCHD in AMC 5.5, you can follow the guide below.
1. Download Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac, it’s an excellent Mac AVCHD to Avid converter.
2. Click “Add” to load Sony NEX-5N AVCHD video files or directly drag the files into file list.
3. Click “Format” bar to determine output format. The program offers particular output formats for Avid. Just click the format bar and choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov).
4. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click “settings”, adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
5. Click "Convert" to start.
The software can help you to convert AVCHD to Avid DNxHD codec MOV video at a short time if the file not so big. You can set auto shutdown in progress window or leave it there and come back later. After conversion you could edit the converted videos in Avid Media Composer with best codec and format.
If you want to convert MTS to Avid on Windows OS, please download MTS converter for Windows.
You can find more useful articles in Pavtube MTS column, and now you can join the buy one get one promotion activity.