There is the app. It contains the kxml-rpc modified as per the kickass guy. I had to rip it off my code and sanitise it too, so I do not guarantee it will run out of the box.
The crucial thing to bear in mind is that at the server side I have a xml-rpc servlet that can consume the xml-rpc messages. This is the first bit you will have to set up.
This requires a web server and the xml-rpc libraries. I got good info from here:
xml-rpc can be a bit funny if it is the first time you look at it (it was for me). The thing to bear in mind is that it is about setting up a normal servlet that happen to have a property file with a single argument which is the name of the class you want to write that consumes the xml-rpc messages (long sentence I know).
Anyhow, I had to do a funny modification to the xmlrpc-common-3.1.jar which is explained in a previous post. and recompile. Before I did this, everything worked but the answer was not understood by android. I have a suspicion this is no longer necessary and the 0.9 sdk does not require this fix.
The Communication class that has the code itself is rather simple, hopefully it is self-explanatory. The hard bits were delivered to us at the start of this stream...
So, that's about it... Good luck
as a disclaimer, I would say do whatever you like with the code but if it melts your machine and create chaos on a global scale, don't come back to me...