Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - How to use honeycomb animation APIs for compat fragment

How to use honeycomb animation APIs for compat fragment

Tutorials with advanced 'difficulty' and more Lines of Code.

How to use honeycomb animation APIs for compat fragment

Postby voidmain » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:17 am

As we all know, since Google released Honeycomb (API level 11), a new set of APIs are introduced, like Fragment, ActionBar and Property Animation. In order for older devices to use these APIs, google also released a support library that provides some compatibility version of a subset of the new APIs, including compat fragment.

I've been using the compat version of fragment for a while, and found out that it is kind of tough to use the new animation APIs for compat fragment. The blame is on compatibility. Even though the support library do have a method named
Code: Select all
FragmentTransaction#setCustomAnimations
, but this method only takes the old animation XML resource id as parameters. If you try to set some xml with
Code: Select all
<objectAnimator>
stuff in it, the app will simply crash.

I WILL NOT give up take full advantage of the new APIs, so after reading through the API samples, as well as googling around, I finally work it out. And here's a blog on how did I make it work: http://blog.voidmain.me/android/animator/fragment/2013/08/22/how-to-use-new-android-animation-api-for-compat-fragment.html, also, I've open sourced the sample project on github: https://github.com/void-main/FragmentCompatAnimator.

Note that, the sample project is not quite robust. It is a quick sample anyway, so, don't ask for too much. :D

Hope this is useful for someone.

Have a nice day!
voidmain
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to Advanced Tutorials