audio effects in incoming calls

Tutorials with advanced 'difficulty' and more Lines of Code.

audio effects in incoming calls

Postby antek » Thu May 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Hello,

First to say, I don't have an Android phone yet, I'm still thinking about buying one to learn mobile programming. I also have a question about one idea which comes into my mind when thinking about mobile development.

Let's say I'd like to apply some kind of audio transformation for incoming call, more complicated than volume up/down :). Is it possible to intercept incoming audio as binary data, do some transformations on it, and send it to the speaker? And, the other way: is it possible to intercept voice from a microphone as binary data, do some transformations, and sent it through GSM?

My idea is to write an encryption software, which would encrypt your voice when you speak, send encrypted data stream over the network, then the second (Android) phone will decrypt it, and the other guy will hear my voice already decrypted.

Is it possible to do with current state of Android? If not, maybe someone has the knowledge about different systems (Symbian?) which allow doing such a thing?
antek
Freshman
Freshman

Postby pskink » Thu May 13, 2010 2:37 pm

i think its impossible...

btw you must be either politician or gangster, aren't you? ;-)
pskink
pskink
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby antek » Thu May 13, 2010 2:51 pm

I'm just paranoid, that's legal from what I know :))

I've researched this topic and found that it's rarely possible to do in normal conditions, as microphone is often wired directly to gsm chips. But there is also thing called Data Call (in GSM)... I'm not an expert in gsm, so I'm not yet sure what it is, but some company have managed to use it on a Symbian software:

http://www.5pro-software.com/secure-voice.php

so I guess its possible on Symbian (using "Data Call"), but what about Android?
antek
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Advanced Tutorials