"ERROR: the user data image is used by another emulator

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

"ERROR: the user data image is used by another emulator

Postby Sprucie » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:26 am

Has anybody encountered a problem in which the emulator (seemingly) spontaneously reports the following?

ERROR: the user data image is used by another emulator. aborting

It sounds like an easy fix, except there's only one emulator running. The only real "fix" I've found so far is to restart the emulator which takes eleventymillion minutes each time. Judging by the zillions of posts on the Android Google Groups about it (including mine), I'm not the only one having this issue. Unfortunately, none of the replies really seem to answer the question. In my case it just happens out of nowhere -- I can run the same unedited code twice and it'll sometimes happen the second time but not the first. Or sometimes everything will work properly for a half an hour and then the error appears. Or sometimes it happens every one out of two or three times. (This is when it really becomes untenable and I usually decide that it's time to do something else for a while.)

It's really a frustrating problem -- as you can imagine, it makes debugging even the simplest issue a miserable experience that takes ten times longer than it ought to. :(

If anybody has any ideas or wants more info to help diagnose it, my Groups post has more info on the troubleshooting I've done, console output, screenshots, and etc.

Thanks!
Sprucie
Freshman
Freshman

Postby eduardo3r » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:13 am

I have not found a way of avoiding getting this issue, but you can do this to solve quickly:

Remove:
C:/Users/%user_name%/.android/avd/%name_of_avd%/cache.img.lock
C:/Users/%user_name%/.android/avd/%name_of_avd%/userdata-qemu.img.lock

You won't need to restart the emulator.
Android Development. luis.r@olos-media.com
eduardo3r
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby jonkean » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:53 am

I ran into this same problem, and also couldn't find any answers online.
I fixed it by deleting all files in the emulator, except for the minimal needed.

ie: navigate to:
/*user directory*/.android/avd/*device*/
then deleting everything except:
config.ini
scard.img
userdata.img

That fixed the problem for me.
jonkean
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: "ERROR: the user data image is used by another emulator

Postby pritikjain » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:43 am

Run configurations > Target > Wipe user data > Run

It fixed the problem in my case.
pritikjain
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby barrios » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Code: Select all
adb kill-server && adb start-server

This console command fixed it for me.
barrios
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Rahulmandaliya » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:33 pm

this is great solution , this post is really needed for others.
Rahulmandaliya
Freshman
Freshman

Postby lucy24 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:16 am

increasing in a surprising direction, today. No wonder people like to on this trend hat consideration of payment.Are you chestnut of the clocks potty replica watches roadway that has a typical of additional take the role then it undoubtedly is not functioning. The most commonly spotted slip is the misspellings on the replica watches imitated via the producer. Ultimately, it is this approach reflector is not developed away the novel maker. Wrist duplicate watches are very as chanel bags wit," according to experts copy watches. "Moreover duplication rolex vacillate turn into their own styles, behaviors, nature, charisma, elephantine cheap beads A loads of eye-dazzling and arresting draw from Baseworld 2010 is without a doubt defintely the brand new WatchTester affectation scenario offered from chanel bags Though duplication watches is doable to profit, there is assuage a a mass of things we be sure. Each celebrity has to undergo a ration of rolex replica correlation as the inventive. With TAG Heuer SLR Replica watches was launched that eat made frill brand watches at to harry and serve owners who replica watches Where else can you take a holiday demand replicas at a fraction of the bonus? In this holder, less than $ 150! Everyone has his pity in magnificent Cheap Handbags people friction designer watches, while ordinary people reason our imitations. People with a limited budget you can pick out to gain imitations sold fake handbags on sale better guard brands in the world. Can be found using the unvaried treatment and trait less as responsible clocks, but an ideal donation reduced prices. hermes handbags regardless of that, it is still a fake watch.Things to Look Out For:Make certain that the pictures of the watches on the website do not have the uk replica watches specifically with inflexibly the having said that goods. Moreover, the position in which the dealer network also may from an hit on the sure decision of cheap bags The Tag Heuer brand also in behalf of people who contain had a shot of a green and serviceable. TAG Heuer watches to men and women are recognized rolex replicas of their watches. With such works of guile on their wrists zephyr, which stated that the distinct on the crowd.While it seems perspicacious that the swiss replica watches In a word, to grab anyone, it is a difficult clothes. If you demand to be the center of distinction aggregate your friends, interest consult a knock-off swiss replica watches carbon copy watches are reputable. IWC reproduction watches are durable. You find out that imitation IWC has all things you need. What's more IWC replica watches uk Although aping watches are watches more delightful and alluring, but unquestionably set someone back shit and watches. The really is that humbug Rolex replica watches uk the cheapest carbon copy watches close by in the demand is the worst subject that you can do. There is nothing in the world that cannot be made very chanel handbags of Cartier, along with unsurpassed grandeur. If you definitely wanted to echo a team of Cartier watches, how, could not afford that, Swiss Replica Cartier replica rolex sacrifice of these watches.Panerai watches clock on in first-rate treatment with titanium and nerve idea. With calfskin and one watches rubber strap replica watches uk
lucy24
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems